Having a Baby or Adoption of a child


Having a Baby or Adoption

This material will provide you with resources that can guide you toward your life goal--to bring your new child into your family and nurture the happiness and well-being of a precious child.

Contact your Human Resources Department for information about the benefit plans you may want to enroll your child in, and what paperwork is necessary.
After the birth or adoption (official placement or final decree), or court order, you may add the child to your existing medical, dental, or vision coverage, or drop your coverage to go on your spouse’s plan. You may elect to change your medical FSA amount, and start or change a dependent care FSA. You may also elect child life insurance. You will need to complete the appropriate forms and provide a copy of the certified birth certificate, adoption placement order or decree, or court order.
You must consult your HR Department within 30 days from the date of the event to make changes.





Helpful Forms